Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can

Last night I heard glass ceilings shatter all across America; I felt a burden lifted from my shoulders; I sensed a change in the fundamental attitudes that have kept us pinned in the roles we were born into; I saw several American iconic figures brought to tears; I tasted tears of my own as I saw history in the making; I thought that my lifelong desire to see good overcome everything that would keep good from victory had finally come to pass, and I breathed without labor for the first time in two years.

Now that I know we can; I hope to live long enough to see that we did.

5 comments:

ali said...

Two Tuesdays in a row!! I rejoice with you my friend. And good to read you on an "off" day.

TW(Terry) said...

Hey Buddy,
I'm glad to see you posting again, I've missed talkin with ya. Hope you're doing good, I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. Stay well and keep on writing, I'll keep on reading.

Your Pal
Terry

The Truth said...

Have you had your hearing checked? Because my head is still squshed against a very thick glass ceiling.

Maybe you heard the Greeks next door tossing china?

Annette said...

Hello Tony! I just recently found your blog. It's great to read another phriend's writing.
Annette

Nancy said...

I found you through TW's blog and look forward to reading more of your observations of life.