Tuesday, October 28, 2008

News you probably can't use...

I watched The Bucket List.  I know the normal person would say big deal but for me it was a hard thing to do.  I ordered it from Netflix because my wife wanted to see it and I did too...at some point.  It lay next to my TV for almost 3 months (now part of that was out of sight/out of mind thing).  As I watched the movie, I naturally gravitated to thoughts of how it related to me and whether I might have any sort of interest in a bucket list of my own.  I came to the conclusion that I don't.  For me ultimate happiness is being with my family, delving into a good book, sleeping in on cold mornings, playing with Oreo, getting engrossed in a good movie, eating a hot bowl of spaghetti, and playing on my PC.  There are other things that would make the list of course.  But those belong to another life, a life without PH.  I'd give the movie 3.5 out of 5 stars, mostly because of the actors and the relevance of the situation.  I enjoyed the way that the two characters were able to change each other's life in a positive way.  I won't give away anything else in case you haven't seen it, but it's certainly worth a look.

In other news: I voted early this year for the first time ever.  With each day being a crapshoot on how I will feel, I decided to get out on a good day.  The lines had already formed even though I was there before the polls opened.  Standing in line was a bit tough; it reminded me of how I felt at the end of the day when I was working.  I guess it was about an hour's wait.  I had to muster a little manliness in order not to look like I needed a chair.  My decline in stamina was a little shocking considering the "athlete" I had once been.  I wore my O2 in a Camelbak backpack, trimmed for it's new course of duty.  Overall I felt OK afterwards; just don't ask me to do it everyday, ha ha.  

In weird news: It appears I was right all along.  I always knew that holding it in seemed unnatural. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/126730.php  Now I have a good excuse for my wife :-).  

Medically, I have my LFT & coumadin check on Friday. I still haven't heard anything new from the King as to the echo results. I did receive a letter today in the mail from my health insurance that my "prescription" for Ventavis was approved. The PH people really jumped the gun on this one. I almost don't know how to respond when I see them next. I don't want to put up too big of a stink in case I need this somewhere down the road, but I am going to have a pointed conversation and get some answers so I can get this off my chest.

Birthday and holidays coming up in the next couple of months.  My wife brought to my attention a new tech gadget called Kindle.  You can check it out at Amazon.  It's a bit pricey at the moment but for someone who likes to read, it looks really cool.  She & I do gifts a little different than most; we pick out what we want & the other person buys it.  We do share one surprise gift to stay with the spirit of gift giving.  I'm not sure yet if this beats out an oximeter & a wrist wrap BP/pulse reader.  (Sense my sarcasm).  We'll see what happens.  

Other than that not much going on.  I did a little off the wall writing but it wasn't finished so it didn't make this week's blog deadline, maybe next week.  I was also pleased to see that Mason and Mack made it home from the hospital.  I hope they get settled back in with a little more comfort.  

Well, time to visit the pharmacist.  See you guys next week.

T


3 comments:

ali said...

Hey guy, Good to "read" ya again. and yes, I have a blog now also. I knew you would find it when you visited the others!

I've been wanting to watch that movie too. Just haven't gotten to it.

Well, just wanted to say hi. Talk more later :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there...
Well I saw The Bucket List as well and I felt like skydiving would be cool but like you say...not in the PH life...LOL

Glad you got out and voted...

BTW..It was a little margarita I think that helped me open up...LOL

Have a good week..see ya next week..also I read that article...;))

Take care

Hugs,
Jen

Merle said...

Welcome back stranger -- I missed ya.
I haven't seen the Bucket List so I'm glad you didn't give any of the highlights away :o) and I like the idea of telling your spouse what you want and letting them buy it -- that way you are sure to get something you want. And little surprises are an added plus.
I haven't voted yet and I'm not even sure if they had an early vote -- but I sure will be glad when November 5th comes.
You keep on keeping on and I also like the idea of you writing at least once a week -- I should try that.
Hugs to you and yours and smile, it's contagious.

Merle