Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let the Good Times Roll

I've been feeling better than average of late and I'm afraid to change any routines so that I don't jinx my luck.  Maybe it's the fact that Gail hasn't had to be at work and I get an extra portion of TLC (not to mention one extra cooked meal per day - ha).  I've been trapped inside on cold days as my neighbor heats his house with wood.  So whenever I step out, I get an immediate breath of wood smoke (ironically I used to love that smell).  I don't fault the circumstance; it is what it is.  It does make trips in the truck that much more enjoyable as I can get away, letting the air flow through my hair as I stick my head outside the window while driving down the road (OK not really but that's what Oreo does).  Life's small pleasures...gotta love 'em.
I got a couple of neat presents for Christmas that help me monitor my stats.  The first is a heart rate wrist monitor.  It has a couple of really cool features one of which is downloading the saved information to the computer.  I also got an oximeter.  Measurements so far have been:
Sat: BP: 119/77 O2: 97
Sun: BP: 103/65 O2: 93
Mon: BP: 123/72 O2: 95
Tue: BP: 106/61 O2: 94
I've been taking the measurements after I get up in the morning just after taking my meds and before breakfast (or lunch depending on the time of day :-).  I'm know that you get different readings at different times of day, at different levels of activity and so forth.  I plan to look for trends more than focus on any single reading.  I also plan on taking the two items to my next doctor's visit to see how accurate they really are.  Worse case scenario is that it's fun to keep track of this stuff.
I was in a true state of depression the day that Dallas got trounced by the Eagles.  A couple of other issues had me feelin' down.  Isn't it funny how we can tie our emotions to the success or failure of a sports team that we are no part of?  As with most things though, I awoke to a new day with a new smile.  It wasn't a total loss after all; I had won my fantasy football season championship and $100 prize to go with it.  Woot.
Judging from the blogs I've read it seems everyone had a nice Christmas.  I hope that continues through the new year as well.  This is one of my favorite times of year.  I love watching other people put aside their differences and sharing an all around feel-good moment.  If only we could be that way year-round.  
I don't think I truly have any New Year's resolutions this year.  Maybe that's a final sign of my acceptance as to what this is or maybe it's a sign of contentment.  I don't know.  Either way I don't see any major lifestyle changes unless my health takes a turn for the worse.  Perhaps I could clean the house more often...lol.
Well, I'm gonna head out.  Take care all and have a great week!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Clooney:))
Glad Gail is giving you that extra TLC...that always helps...Right??
Thank her from me...

Cool gifts..Your stats look pretty good:) Hope you keep having good days:))
Take care

Talk to ya soon..
Hugs,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh yea..Bummer about the Cowboys..maybe next year??
Good for you about the $$$:))


Hugs,
Jen

Colleen said...

I hope you have a Happy New Year, Tony!! I don't have any resolutions, either. I'm just going to live life as best I can, just like I do any time of the year!

Very nice Christmas gifts! I don't have a pulse ox, since mine is so different and so LOW. lol No use in keeping track of low sats. My doctor told me I'd drive myself nuts.lol I do, however, think I should have a bp cuff! Maybe that's the next thing I need to get, after I buy my kitchen table set!

Have a great New Years day!
Hugs,
Colleen :)

ali said...

Hey Tony, I used to love the wood smell too....

I love my wrist monitor too. Sounds like you got cool presents. Congrats on the Fantasy Football!!

Annette said...

Hello Tony! I'm WEEKS behind reading all of the blogs! I just wanted to stop by and tell you happy 2009!
Annette

Diane said...

Hi Tony,
Great blog ! Sounds like your Christmas was a nice one too.I no longer make new years resolutions.I just take care of myself the best I can.
BTW where in NC are you.I am in NC too.Perhaps we are neighbors ? lol Have a good one,look forward to reading more.