Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sleep the best medicine?

OK, I know I missed yesterday.  But I have a good excuse.  You see, I was asleep.  Not just at night, not just in the morning, not just in the afternoon, but all day.  It happens rarely but when it does, I feel like a new person the next day.  Weird thing was, I slept most of the day Monday too.  I feel like a million bucks!  I wish I could bottle this & break it out when the going gets rough.  I felt pretty lousy all weekend so I guess I was due you could say.  Anyway, that's what happened. :-)
Thanksgiving came & went; Dallas won, no food comas, plenty of goodies all the way around topped off with a swig from the eggnog carton.  Wife doesn't drink it so I can drink from the carton (a man's innate desire by the way).  I had a good time reading all the blogs & what everyone was thankful for.  In a weird kind of way, I'm thankful for having PH.  It's helped to slow me down so I could enjoy the pleasures of my life and virtually eliminate stress.  It's helped me understand what's really important in life (I sorta knew all along but was too busy to notice/appreciate it).  It's helped me to pay more attention to my body and mind.  It's helped me to spend more time with my family and my dog.  It's helped me to be able to sleep anytime I want to (oh yea, we covered that already, lol).  It's helped me to meet new people in a virtual world that have a lot of class and character.  It's helped me to appreciate what I have rather than worry about what I don't.  It's helped me to catch up on my reading.  It's helped me to get better parking spots at the store.  It's helped me retire my huge set of neckties that choked me everyday.  It's helped me appreciate the days I feel well.  It's helped me appreciate the job that our healthcare workers are doing.  It's helped me learn how to make spicy chili...it was a PH chat thing.  It's helped me to better understand how my mother, father, stepmother, and grandfathers felt when they didn't look well.  It's helped me and I am thankful.
Now that doesn't mean I'm glad I have PH.  But someday when the cure comes along (hopefully in our lifetime), I will have a better understanding of what really matters in life & won't let corporate pressures stress me out.  I would get a job either writing or teaching, or something PC related (other than working accounts, claims, and files).  Wonder if I could make a living playing Scrabble, lol.  
Well anyway, that's my offering for today.  I know it's a weak effort but I have an appointment with the CPAP this afternoon.  It's a medication after all.  Three doses a day at three or more hours per dose.  Does a body good.

Cheers,

Tony


4 comments:

Merle said...

As usual you hit the nail right on the head. Maybe you didn't use the term thankful or grateful but "helped me to understand" all those things pretty much covered it... and that list.. WOW

It really is amazing how our life style has changed and I am so glad you appreciate that extra time you have with your family and dog... must'nt forget the dog.

You rest up my phriend and have one heck of a day tomorrow...

Hugs to you and yours....
Don't forget to SMILE -- IT'S CONTAGIOUS

Annette said...

I smiled and shook my head in agreement for every item on your lists (except the necktie thing:) ). What did you used to do in the corporate world where you needed to wear neckties?
Annette
Thanks for sharing....you are such a great writer.

Anonymous said...

Hey Clooney..
First..Yes the Cowboys WON on Thanksgiving:)))
Ok..well your story was great..I can realte to so much of that..I like the sleep thing..I just crawled out of bed myself..LOL...PH teaches us so much...
And my fave part is all the wonderful PHriends I have met:)
Hey..did I miss that chili recipe??LOL Send it to me..See ya in chat soon..

Take care
Hugs,
Jen

Cathy said...

Tony
I love your posts, I wish also you would post more then once a week, LOL. You make my day :)